10 Fashion and Textiles Technology
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is open to anyone that is interested in learning how to sew and make things using fabric.
Students will create a range of textile products over the year. The products made during the course will involve students in:
- Using commercial garment patterns
- Developing their own patterns for products they have designed
- Learning about fabrics and their properties
- Developing hand sewing skills
- Developing machine stitching skills
- Learning how to manipulate fabrics
- Learning how to design
This course extends on from the Year 9 course and builds upon it by introducing new techniques as well as introducing garment construction.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be costs for materials for take home products.
This course leads into the NCEA Level 1 Fashion and Textiles Design course. PLEASE NOTE: Projects are examples only as they change each year.
Assessment Policy & Procedures
NCEA Level 1 Fashion and Textiles Technology 101
Fashion Designer, Patternmaker, Tailor/Dressmaker, Garment Technician
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be costs for the materials for projects. Projects are taken home.