NCEA Level 2 Computer Science Information 201
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Hall
CSI201 - Computer Science and Information 201
This academic course builds on the CSI101 course;
It continues to extend both Programming and Database skills and the understanding of concepts in Computer Science.
This year the course:
- Extends the programming language Python by extending on the modular programming to include parameters and indexed structures.
- Introduces how database tables in a SQL database can be linked to output in a simple website using PHP language, HTML and CSS.
- Further exploration of concepts in Computer Science.
The following two Assessment Standards can be taken as an option by students who are not sitting DIT201.
- 2.4_(91903) Use advanced techniques to develop a digital media outcome
- 2.8_(91907) Use advanced processes to develop a digital technologies outcome
Students can also take the option DIT201 as this course does compliment DIT.
PROGRAMMING - PYTHON
Practice for and complete an assessment, Assessment Standard 2.7_(91896)_Program
DATABASE _ MySQL
Practice for and start an assessment, Assessment Standard 2.3_(91892)_Databases
DATABASE _ MySQL
Complete an assessment, Assessment Standard 2.3_(91892)_Databases
OPTIONS (Only for students who are not taking DIT201):
- Complete an assessment, Assessment Standard 2.4_(91893)_Web
- Complete an assessment, Assessment Standard 2.8_(91897)_Develop a digital technologies outcome
Practice for and complete an assessment, Assessment Standard 2.1_(91890)_Inquiry into a proposed digital technologies outcome
This scaffolds students learning towards 2.9_(91898)_Computer Science Concepts
CONCEPTS OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
Practice for the external assessment, Assessment Standard 2.9_(91898)_Computer Science_Concepts
Sit the external assessment, Assessment Standard 2.9_(91898)_Computer Science_Concepts
Recommended Prior Learning
Two Achieved in the following Achievement Standards:
- 1.9_(91885)_Searching and Sort
- 1.11_(91887)_Data Compression
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
A set of headphones (ear plugs).
Have credit on their Papercut account for printing of some assessments.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 3 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.
Term: 2, Week: 1
Term: 2, Week: 9
Term: 1, Week: 10
Term: 4, Week: 2