NCEA Level 3 Spatial and Product Design 301
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 14 credits from the Level 2 Spatial and Product Design course.
This course builds on from the Level 2 course. It is run in the graphics room.
It is a DESIGN course.
In this course students will:
- Select to focus in either product design or spatial design
- Complete a project in their chosen that meets a design brief
- Extend their ability to use the design process in more depth
- Extend and develop their visual communication skills
- Broaden their use of design language and extend their ability to communicate their design thinking through broader lenses
This is an approved University Entrance (UE) course. Students can study more than one Technology based course at Level 3 and both will count for UE.
Assessment Policy & Procedures
Architect, Architectural Technician, Graphic Designer, Interior Designer, Industrial Designer, Landscape Architect
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Students will be required to supply their own stationery.
There will be costs for consumable materials.
Students will be assessed on:
- their ability to resolve a design brief
- the depth and breadth of their design thinking
- their ability to communicate their design thinking visually to communicate their ideas and solutions to others
- the quality of their presentation skills