NCEA Level 2 Fashion and Textiles Technology 201
Teacher in Charge:
Mrs T. Tippett.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 10 credits from the Level 1 Fashion and Textiles Technology course; or HoD approval.
In this course students will learn:
- To develop and extend their sewing skills
- How to use the design process
- To develop their creative thinking skills
- Understand commercial patterns to make textile products and garments
- Learn how to draft a pattern for a garment
- How to manipulate fabrics
- To understand materials and their properties
This course is eligible for course endorsement. It offers 16 credits as the AS used depend on the course pathway students choose to take.
Design and Materials Technology
NCEA Level 3 Fashion and Textiles Technology 301
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be a contribution of $90 toward the costs for take home products.
Students will be required to purchase the stationery on the school stationery list.