Trades Academy Level 2 and 3
Teacher in Charge: K. Wiltshire
Trades Academy is a year-long training programme that students attend one or two days a week and school for the other days. It is hands-on learning that prepares students for employment or higher level study.
Credits go towards NCEA Level 2 or 3 and range in number from around 20-45 depending on the programme.
By selecting this as one of your options, it gives an indication that you are considering undertaking a Trades Academy course. Please note you must select six other options at year 12 or 5 at year 13. Once you are accepted into the Trades Academy programme you will drop one or two of your options and your timetable will be amended as required.
If you are interested in attending Trades Academy you will need to meet with one of your Deans or Mrs Wiltshire to discuss further and to apply.
There are currently three different Trades Academies that Tawa College students can attend - details below.
Wellington Trades Academy
Click here for Trades Academy Information
Subjects currently available for study (as at June 2020) are listed below. These may well change with additional funding and programmes being offered. An updated list will be provided as it becomes available.
- Construction (Mixed Trades), Level 2, 51 credits
- Construction Projects, Level 2, 20 credits (one day per week)
- Creative Technology, introduction, Level 2, 43 credits
- Engineering and Automotive, Level 2, 46 credits
- Engines, Level 2, 45 credits
- Barista/cafe service, level 2, 44 credits
- Cookery, Level 3, 60 credits
- Health Science, Level 2, 40 credits (one day per week)
- Health Science -anatomy and physiology, Level 3, 20 credits (one day per week)
- Youth Development, Level 3, 40 credits (programme proposed at Porirua)
- Animal care introduction, Level 2, 44 credits
- Salon Environment, Level 2, 43 credits
- Barbering, level 3, 40 credits (programme proposed at Porirua)
- Conservation/Sustainability, Level 2 or 3, 20 credits (one day per week)
- Whānau Ora, Level 3, 40 credits (programme proposed at Porirua)
Land Based Trades Academy
Click here for a summary of courses https://drive.google.com/file/...
Click here for course details https://drive.google.com/file/...
- Environmental Action and Enterprise, Level 2 and 3
- Social Enterprise with Sustainability Trust
- Regenerative Urban Agriculture with Kai Cycle
- Restoration with Conservation Volunteers NZ
The Primary ITO Trades Academy is a secondary-tertiary programme (STP) designed to provide a broad range of learning opportunities for senior secondary students motivated by a career in the primary industries to ensure they stay engaged in education for longer.
Level 2 and 3 programmes available