NCEA Level 2 Spatial and Product Design 201
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
This course builds on from the Level 1 Product and Spatial design course and enables students to begin to specialise in one field; product design or spatial design (Students will only work on one project throughout the year based within their chosen field).
It is a DESIGN base course. In this course students learn:
- To complete a project in their chosen field using the design process
- To further develop and extend their ability to use visual communication techniques
- To extend the depth of thinking around design opportunities and constraints
- To further develop and extend their use of design vocabulary
- To further develop and extend their visual presentations
This course is eligible for course endorsement, as it includes an external achievement standard. It leads to, and is a pre-requisite for the Level 3 Spatial and Product Design course.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 14 from Level 1 including 3 from the external AS.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Students are required to provide their own stationery and portfolio.
There will also be costs for consumable materials used within the course.
Assessment InformationStudents will be assessed on:
- their ability to use a design process to develop a design that meets a brief
- their ability to generate and communicate design ideas
- their ability / skill level of sketching and drawing\
- their ability to analyse and evaluate to inform decision making
- their ability to communicate their design thinking
Total Credits Available: 21 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 3 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.