NCEA Level 2 Spatial and Product Design 201
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett.
Images are indicative only from https://www.pinterest.nz
This course builds on from the Level 1 Product and Spatial design course and enables students to begin to specialise further in one field; product design or spatial design (Students will only work on one project throughout the year based within their chosen field).
It is a DESIGN base course. In this course students learn:
- To complete a project in their chosen field using the design process
- To further develop and extend their ability to use visual communication techniques
- To extend the depth of thinking around design opportunities and constraints
- To further develop and extend their use of design vocabulary
- To further develop and extend their visual presentations
This course is eligible for course endorsement, as it includes an external achievement standard.
Please note students will do either the product design project option or the spatial design project option achievement standard, but not both. Therefore the total credits offered are a maximum of 17 in this course.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 10 credits from Level 1; or by HoD approval, by demonstrating your drawing ability.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There is a $20 contribution toward consumable materials that students use.
Students will be required to purchase the stationery from the school stationery list.
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 3 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.