NCEA Level 2 Fashion and Textiles Technology 201
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
In this course students will learn:
- To develop and extend their sewing skills
- Follow a commercial pattern to make a product and a garment
- Learn how to draft a pattern for a garment
- How to manipulate fabrics
- To understand materials and their properties
This course is eligible for course endorsement. It leads into, and is a pre-requisite for the NCEA Level 3 Fashion and Textiles Technology.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be costs for materials as products are taken home products.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 14 credits from the Level 1 Fashion and Textiles Technology course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be costs for the materials for take home projects.
Assessment InformationStudents will be assessed on:
- the quality of their practical skills
- their ability to read and follow a commercial pattern
- their ability to draft a pattern that leads to making a garment that fits
- their understanding of material properties and characteristics
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.