Level 1 Fashion and Textiles Technology 101
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett.
Fashion and Textiles Technology
The photographs are from the internet and are indicative only. https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/300615343872955264/
This course will offer a textiles and or a fashion pathway. You will be able to select from a textile projects or a fashion projects; or you may wish to do one of each.
In this course students will learn to:
- Understand about different textile techniques
- Use commercial sewing patterns
- Develop hand sewing skills
- Develop machine stitching skills
- Understand about fabrics and their properties
- Understand basic garment construction techniques
- Design and Innovate
This course will offer 1 NCEA achievement standard.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be a contribution of $80 toward the materials for the take home products.
Students will be required to purchase the stationery on the school stationery list.
You will be assessed in this course through all or a selection of the standards listed below.
Total Credits Available: 6 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 6 credits.