NCEA Level 3 Spatial and Product Design 301
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
This course builds on from the Level 2 course. It is run in the graphics room.
It is a DESIGN course.
In this course students will:
- Select to focus in either product design or spatial design
- Complete a project in their chosen that meets a design brief
- Extend their ability to use the design process in more depth
- Extend and develop their visual communication skills
- Broaden their use of design language and extend their ability to communicate their design thinking through broader lenses
This is an approved University Entrance (UE) course. Students can study more than one Technology based course at Level 3 and both will count for UE.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 14 credits from the Level 2 Spatial and Product Design course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Students will be required to supply their own stationery.
There will be costs for consumable materials.
Assessment InformationStudents will be assessed on:
- their ability to resolve a design brief
- the depth and breadth of their design thinking
- their ability to communicate their design thinking visually to communicate their ideas and solutions to others
- the quality of their presentation skills
Total Credits Available: 16 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 16
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.