NCEA Level 3 Product Design and Manufacturing 301
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
This course builds on from the Level 2 Product Design & Manufacturing course. NCEA Level 1 is basic, Level 2 is advanced and Level 3 is complex knowledge and skills.
In this course students will learn:
- To further extend and develop their making skills
- To extend and deepen their knowledge of material properties and characteristics
- How to create an applied design to a product
- To project manage a project
PLEASE NOTE: There will be costs for materials for take home products, or outsourced services.
This is a an approved University Entrance (UE)course.
A student can take more than one Technology course at Level 3 and each one will be eligible as a UE entry in its own right. A students total in Technology (SPD, PDM, DIT, CSI, FNT courses) will be divided by 14 to make up the maximum number of UE eligibilities as they enable.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 14 credits from the Level 2 Product Design and Manufacturing.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be costs for materials for projects. Projects are taken home.
Students are required to provide an apron for practical work.
Assessment InformationStudents will be assessed on:
- the quality of their practical work
- their ability to use planning tools to manage the different aspects of their project
- their level of independence and how effectively they use their resources, including time
Total Credits Available: 14 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 14
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.