NCEA Level 2 Product Design and Manufacturing 201
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
This course builds on from the Level 1 Product Design and Manufacturing course. NCEA Level 1 is basic; Level 2 is advanced; Level 3 is complex knowledge and skills.
In this course students will learn:
- To extend and develop their making skills )
- To write a construction plan; to follow and review their plan to produce a product
- To write a report
- About materials and their properties to further extend and develop their knowledge
PLEASE NOTE: Students will need good self management skills and are required to follow the workshop codes of practice for health and safety at all times during this course.
There will be costs for materials used for take home projects
This course leads into the Level 3 Product Design and Manufacturing course.
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 14 credits from Level 1 Product Design and Manufacturing.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be costs for the materials for projects. Projects will be taken home.
Students will be required to provide an apron for practical work.
Assessment InformationStudents be assessed on:
- the quality of their practical skills
- their level of independence and how effectively they use resources including their time
- their ability to write, follow and review a construction plan
- their ability to write a report
- their ability to develop and implement a manufacturing process to make a small batch of products
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.