Year 9 TECHNOLOGY - Spatial and Product Design
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
This is a DESIGN course. Students do not make in this course, but it does include modelling techniques. It is run in the Graphics room.
In this course students learn to:
- Sketch freehand in isometric to construct drawings by hand
- Learn how to apply colour to their work to give it realism
- How to follow a design process to design a product
- Design a product
- Communicate their ideas visually
- How to analyse and evaluate products
- How to communicate their design thinking
The Year 9 course has a product design focus. It leads into the Year 10 Spatial and Product Design course, which is the preparation course for NCEA.
This design course is for students that enjoy designing, using their creativity and imagination.
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is open to anyone that has an interest in design and enjoys sketching and drawing.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Students will be required to supply their own stationery.
There will be costs for the consumable materials provided for modelling.