10 Spatial and Product Design
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
This course is a creative DESIGN course. Students DO NOT MAKE finished products in this course. (this course involves modelling ideas in modelling materials) It is run in the Graphics room.
In this course students will learn:
- How to sketch in freehand [no instruments] in isometric and two point perspective
- How to follow a design process to develop their own designs
- To design products (product design)
- To design spaces (spatial design)
- How to apply colour to their design work to communicate colour, texture and materials
- How to do technical drawings by hand using drawing instruments [not computers]
- How to communicate their ideas to other people
- Model making techniques to support idea development and communicating ideas to others
- Annotate and evaluate their design ideas using design language
This course is for students that like to design, are creative and enjoy using their imagination.
This course is preparation for Level 1 NCEA Spatial and Product Design
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 9 SPD course gives some basic foundational skills in preparation for this course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Students will need an A3 visual diary in LANDSCAPE format; an A3 display folder, a set of drawing pencils 2H, H, HB and 2B, an eraser, a glue stick and a set of 24 colour pencils.