10 Product Design and Manufacturing
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett
In this course students will learn:
- To develop products
- To plan how to create the products they design
- To make the products they have designed [mainly in wood]
- To test their finished products to see if they are fit for purpose
- About different hard materials
- About health and safety codes of practice
The course involves approximately 50% design and theory and 50% practical work.
PLEASE NOTE: Students taking this course need to be good at self management and will be expected to follow the workshop codes of practice for health and safety requirements at all times on this course.
There are course costs for the materials used to make take home products.
This course is preparation for the NCEA Level 1 Product Design and Manufacturing course.
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is open to anyone that is interested in learning about materials; how and why the built world is the way it is; and designing and making products.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be costs for the materials for projects. Projects are taken home.
Students will be required to provide an apron for practical work.