10 Product Design and Manufacturing
Teacher in Charge: T. Tippett
In this course students will be involved in:
- Learning about how we design products
- Learning how to plan how to create the products they design
- Making the products they have designed [mainly in wood]
- Learning how to test their finished products to see if they are fit for purpose
- Learning about different hard materials
The course involves 50% design and theory and 50% practical work.
PLEASE NOTE: Students taking this course need to be good at self management and will be expected to follow the workshop codes of practice for health and safety requirements at all times on this course.
There are course costs for the materials used to make take home products.
This course is preparation for the NCEA Level 1 Product Design and Manufacturing course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be costs for the materials for all take home projects.
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is open to anyone that is interested in both designing and making products in hard materials such as wood, metal and plastic.