10 Jewellery and Pottery (Ceramics) Technology (also available for Year 11,12,13)
Teacher in Charge: Mrs T. Tippett.
NEW for 2024!
A dual pathway creative industries course.
This course will offer projects in Jewellery making and working in Ceramics (Pottery). If you enjoy designing and making, and are looking for different ways to express your creativity this course offers different creative experiences.
(Year 11 students can also opt for this course as there is no NCEA Level 1 in 2024 - we can accomodate the 1 required acheievement standard in the course for any Year 11 student wishing to take it.)
JEWELLERY MAKING POTTERY MAKING USING CLAY
In this course you will:
- Design and make Jewellery from different types of materials in the workshop
- Design and make ceramics from clay in the pottery room
You will learn:
- about different types of jewellery making techniques
- about different pottery making techniques
- how to work with clay
- how to follow a design and make process
- how to develop your creativity
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to explore pathways for a creative career or passion and enjoys working with a diverse range of materials and techniques.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There is a $80 contribution toward the cost of consumable materials for take home projects.