10 Fashion and Textiles Technology
Teacher in Charge: T. Tippett
Textiles involves working with fabrics to make products. The course is studied in the sewing room.
Students will create a range of textile products over the year. The products made during the course will involve students in:
- Using commercial patterns
- Developing their own patterns for products they have designed
- Learning about fabrics and their properties
- Developing hand sewing skills
- Developing machine stitching skills
- Learning how to manipulate fabrics
- Learning how to design
This course extends on from the Year 9 course and builds upon it by introducing new techniques as well as introducing garment construction.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be costs for materials for take home products.
This course leads into the NCEA Level 1 Fashion and Textiles Design course.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be costs for the materials for all take home projects.
Recommended Prior Learning
This course is open to anyone that is interested in learning how to sew and make things using fabric.